Thursday, December 24, 2009

ANGEL IN CAB DRIVER


I could find my one of my recent angel in the midst of green hilly terrains of Madikeri.When ever i go to any new place, I have a problem in sleeping. Twice I had been to Madikeri and mesmerized by the beauty of this place. The greenery, coffee plantations, culture, peoples affection had just made me to visit again. The lack of sleep and driving back made us to hire a Cab second time. As usual, I could sleep for only few hours and got up early in the morning and started taking few dawn snaps with my Nikon D60 capturing beautiful colors. I did spend an hour or two, ordered the break fast and went to up to wake up the cab driver.

It was a chilly cold winter morning with lot of fog around. As I enquired with the cab driver the previous evening, I knew he was sleeping inside the vehicle, I dabbed on the vehicle door but could not hear any signs of movement from inside. The windshield and window glass of the vehicle are covered completely by dew and could not see anything inside. I almost yelled but in vain. Waited few minutes and dabbed once again, this time a bit harshly. As I was wondering for sure he might be sleeping some where else because of the damn cold, slowly I could hear some sounds and door was opened. It was a shock for me, he just pulled his seat back, put the seatback flat and slept in the driver seat with such sound sleep. It immediately shook me with the reality that with a room with four walls , bed, fan, blanket, bed sheets, my sleep was half where as he with a very bad weather outside, single digit temperatures, had a very sound sleep.

I went on thinking what could be the reason, in the end could found a reasonable answer which satisfied myself. Sleep comes when both mind and body are in rest even if ones body is tired but without minds rest seldom one can sleep. The only way to make the body relax is by relaxing the mind first, once thoughts are kept out , the relaxation comes which is the first step for sleep. The sleep is always in sync with rest, when body needs rest, we need to relax, for the body to relax we need to relax the mind, to relax the mind we need to put our thoughts off.

It is said that if the last thoughts before sleep are good thoughts a sound sleep is guaranteed, but what is important to know that the nonstop thoughts puts off sleep. Found my personal angel in the form of a cab driver and made me to think beyond what I could had thought about ‘thoughts’. These angels come in casual contact with us in personal lives in many forms, from which few lessons can be picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment