Saturday, November 21, 2009

ANGELS OF WHITE SPACE



While I was reading a book by name “The Professional” by one of my favorite authors Subroto Bagchi who pulled out 3 books in as many years, I came across an absorbing chapter named as “White Space”. What SB writes here is “In our professional lives, white space is a train or a bus ride to work, it is a time waiting outside a client’s office, the time spent on long flights. We all have been given huge white spaces and we simply let their power go to waste”. As I was reading this I remember one of the moments which happened in this summer.

I was transiting through HYD from my native place back to BNG, I was having a three hour transit time and called up one of my friend if we can meet. He picked me up from SEC’BAD station, it was longing reunion happened after 5 years. He was not only an ex-colleague but also a cheerful personality and true friend. We immersed into an absorbing conversation as we were driving without even knowing where we were heading. After 10 minute drive we were on Tank Bund traffic, then he suggested why don’t we go to EATOUT STREET on Necklace road. This place transformed tremendously since few years. With Lumbini Park, IMAX theatre, metro station on one side and Hussain Sagar with Boat Club, Water rides on the other side. We sat on the banks of the lake sipping a soft drink over looking the Monolithic Statue of Buddha which is far away in the middle, i could remember one of his says "if you dont help atleast dont harm". The conversations and the surroundings made us to forget the scorching summer heat. As the sun moving down to prepare for dusk, I realized my time is running out. I could not resist my self to cherish those moments over see Birla Temple and click few snaps.

Just got a thought to bring over my family here next time when I am in HYD, a reason to come back to this place . At last I bid good bye to him thinking that I had made time for myself set for a beautiful Summer Sunday evening which now looks as my own Angels of white space..

No comments:

Post a Comment